COMMITTED TO SERVICE
CHERMIK ELECTRICAL CONNECTED SOLUTIONS
Connecting the right results through the power of clarity.
Chermik believes in collaborative solutions that remove the barriers that often arise in building electrical connected solutions.
This means taking the time to have the right conversations, asking the right questions, and understanding your ideal results to connect you with a successful end-project.
Electrical Connected Solutions
Having successfully demonstrated installations in power distribution, light rail transit and electronic signage across industrial and commercial markets, we pride ourselves on our ever-growing, ever-adapting, and ever-supporting electrical services team and the collective talent within them.
- Underground installation and overhead power lines
- High voltage cable installation, terminations and testing
- Transportation and installation of major electrical equipment
- Substation construction and project management
- Instrumentation and electrical heat tracing
- Commercial electrical services
Electrical Connected Markets
The right experience is what supports Chermik across industries, ensuring consistency in the quality of work regardless of market requirements.
- Municipal & Utility
- Campus Environment
- Transportation & Rapid Transit
- Industrial & Power Generation
Key Project History
- Edmonton LRT DL MacDonald Power Distribution & TPSS Upgrade: 2019
- Edmonton LRT North East Power Distribution Upgrade: 2018
- David Thomas King School Divisions 26, 27, 28 – Edmonton: 2016 – 2017
- Good Samaritan Society Lighting Retro-Fit: 2015-2016
- FlexPipe Systems High Voltage Distribution and Transformer Installation August 2015 – December 2016
- E.L. Smith Water Treatment Plant High Voltage Cable Upgrades January 2015 – March 2015
- Agrium Fort Saskatchewan – 5KV Pole Line Disconnect & Replacement October 2013 – December 2013
- City of Edmonton Light Rail Transit- TPSS & PDS Upgrade November 2011 – June 2012
RELIABLY RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL UPGRADE
The Traction Power Substation and Power Distribution System (PDS) Upgrade project through the City of Edmonton was required to replace the existing equipment and cabling. The reasons for the upgrade were two-fold. The equipment and cabling were nearing end of life after being in service for forty years. The upgrade would allow Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) to operate five-car trains with five-minute headways and run revenue service above the current five-car, 10-minute headways scenario. In theory, this increased ridership would also increase revenue, reducing overall operating costs per rider, along with an increase in reliability and a reduction in maintenance costs.
At Chermik, we know your electrical needs require more than a quick fix. This is why we offer an integrated approach, focusing on the specific requirements of your project. This ensures we provide and communicate the perfect solution with your budget and timeline, always quality excellence top of mind.
Connect with us today to discuss the potential of electrical needs on your next project.