The Kathleen Andrews Transit Garage provided a unique challenge for both the City and Chermik, allowing for true innovation, growth, and opportunity for the future of transit connectivity. Since project completion, the client has experienced:
- The reality that powered fibre does work, including at long distances, allowing for modularity and scalability.
- Additional support through existing partnerships with product manufacturers.
- A unique solution for CCTV by utilizing the powered fibre infrastructure, allowing for once centralized “head-end” for all facility, cameras, providing a more cost-effective solution overall.
- Improved confidence for ETS to consider, implement, and execute more “out of the box” solutions.
- Greater possibility mindset evidenced by requesting this type of solution is incorporated on future projects.